Kristin Gibson Fine Art – Raleigh, NC
Kristin Gibson received her BFA in Painting and Surface Design from ECU School of Art and Design in 1990. Kristin’s career began in textiles, designing fabric collections for home furnishings and apparel, experience which continues to inform her strong sense of color and composition. Her vibrant painterly style is well-regarded in the fine art galleries that represent her work. Enjoy visits to City Art Gallery in Greenville, Eno Gallery in Hillsborough, Tyler White O'Brien Gallery in Greensboro and Artshak Gallery in Southport, NC.
After a lifetime living and painting by the sea, a move and life change finds Kristin contemplating new canvases, with walks in Duke Gardens, Umstead State Park, the Durham Farmers Market and beyond, finding interesting still life subjects along the way. An alla prima painter, Kristin’s confident brushwork and unique perspectives in her still life and natural subjects capture the eye of new and avid collectors. These words from an admirer are more than she could hope for someone to find in her paintings: “Kristin's work has organic unity and a cohesive palette that yields many delights in a narrow range of colors. Her painting also does not give up all its secrets in the first look. Makes you wonder, also makes you think, ‘wonder why I never saw such beauty in a simple arrangement of objects before?'"
No Boundaries International Art Colony 20th Anniversary Show On view through January 29 ACME Art Studios, Wilmington, NC. Exhibiting over 120 American alumni artists. Celebrating a legacy that continues to aspire to the ideals of setting aside national boundaries for the pursuit of art, ideas, culture and friendship.
Solo Show at Room 100 Gallery, Golden Belt Studios, Durham , NC The Durham Art Guild presents "Sitting Still" featuring paintings contemplating Chairs as Still Life by DAG member artist Kristin Gibson. Suggestions of chairs have made their way into many of Gibson's paintings. A tribute of sorts to those who have sat there or shared around the table. A percentage of proceeds from exhibition sales will benefit the Ronald McDonald House of Durham & Wake.
This exhibition will be on view at Room 100 Gallery at Golden Belt January 5 - February 5, 2018. Enjoy a 3rd Friday public reception with the artist January 19 from 6-9pm.
Applewhite Show at City Art Gallery 8th Annual Collection of Art influenced by the poetry of Dr. James Applewhite. Opening Reception January 19 6-8 pm. The James Applewhite Poetry Invitational is presented in conjunction with the North Carolina Literary Review and features paintings, ceramics and sculpture by more than a dozen gallery and invited artists. An Eastern North Carolina native, Applewhite served as Professor of Creative Writing and American Literature at Duke University for more than thirty years. He has been recognized with many awards, including a Guggenheim Fellowship, a National Endowment for the Arts Award, and the Jean Stein Award in Poetry from the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters. He is a member of both the Fellowship of Southern Writers and the North Carolina Literary Hall of Fame.
- BFA Surface Design & Painting: East Carolina University School of Art, Greenville, NC 1990
- Scholarships: Penland School, NC and Arrowmont School, TN
- Apprenticeships: Marbleous, Greenville, NC and The Fabric Workshop, Philadelphia, PA
- Textile Industry: Designer for Culp Inc. Burlington and Stokesdale, NC; and Healthtex in Greensboro, NC
- Professional Study: with the late Wayne McDowell, John Poon, Museum School at Cameron Art Museum
- Durham Art Guild at Room 100 Gallery @ Golden Belt Arts, Durham , NC – January/February 2018: Sitting Still
- Eno Gallery, Hillsborough, NC — October 2017: Kristin Gibson Alla Prima
- Sampson Arts Council in The Small House, Clinton, NC — May – June 2014: Spring Forth: Fruits, Florals & Interiors
- Southeastern Community College, Whiteville, NC — January/February 2013: Still Life with No Boundaries: Select works from 2013 International Artist Colony & the studio
- Spectrum Art & Jewelry, Wilmington, NC — March 2012: New Works
- Brunswick Community College, Bolivia, NC — November/December 2010: Still Life & Pattern
- JLA Home Showroom, High Point Furniture Market, NC — June 2010 – January 2012
- I. Pinckney Simons Gallery, Beaufort, SC— April 2009: Cezanne & Matisse Influence
- Cape Fear Academy, Wilmington, NC— March/April 2009: Artist of the Month
- La Grange Art Center, La Grange, NC— August 2006: SURFACE
- NC Aquarium Fort Fisher — February - April 2006: Below the Surface
- WHQR Gallery Series, WHQR Public Radio, Wilmington, NC — January 2006: SURFACE
- ECU School of Art, Greenville, NC — December 1990: Senior BFA Show
two person shows
- City Art Gallery, Greenville, NC — August 2013 Kristin Gibson & Hilarie Lambert
- Eno Gallery, Hillsborough, NC — May/June 2013 Kristin Gibson & Mike Hoyt
- City Art Gallery, Greenville, NC — May 2010 Kristin Gibson & Mike Rooney
- Tyler White Gallery, Greensboro, NC— April 2008 Kristin Gibson & Angela Nesbit
- Three Hounds Gallery, Wilmington, NC— December 2007 Kristin Gibson & Christa Sylvester
THREE PERSON SHOWS
- City Art Gallery, Greenville, NC — September/October 2017 Kristin Gibson, Karen Lawrence, Suzanne Morris
- City Art Gallery, Greenville, NC — March/April 2012 Kristin Gibson, Joanne Geisel, Kevin LePrince
- City Art Gallery, Greenville, NC — May 2008 Kristin Gibson, Anne Boysen, Connie Winters
Career gallery and juried exhibitions available upon request.
Ronald McDonald House Durham Family Room, Duke Children's Hospital; Carolina House, Durham NC; Signal Design, Raleigh, NC; Pennybyrn at Maryfield, High Point NC; North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher, NC University of North Carolina Wilmington, Center for Marine Science; Southport Marina, Southport NC; Lower Cape Fear Hospice & LifeCare Center; Dr. Cerqueria DDS, Carolina Beach, NC; Wells Construction Corp., Carolina Beach, NC; Carolina Beach School; Murray Middle School, Wilmington, NC; Ida Thai Cuisine, Carolina Beach, NC; Good Shepherd Center, Wilmington NC; St. Phillip’s Episcopal Church, Southport, NC Magellan Idea Center, IMR Research Group, Charlotte, NC; Coastal Cupcakes, Wilmington, NC; A Good Old Fashioned Movie Set, Endgame Entertainment, LA California; M.O.R.E. Medhen Orphan Relief Effort, Randolph, NJ; Medhen Social Center in Ethiopia; Solar Recover, Zausner LLC, Port Charlotte, NY; Edward Jones, Clinton, NC; Burroughs Wellcome Corporate, Greenville, NC; Artforms Corporate, Kip Stone Open, Brunswick, ME; Joy Lee Apartments, Carolina Beach, NC; The Fudgeboat, Carolina Beach, NC; Island Time Institute, Carolina Beach, NC
Law Office of Sarah Friede, Carolina Beach, NC; Law Office of Senator Thom Goolsby, Wilmington, NC; The Cider House, Hereford, England. Private collections across the US and internationally.
No Boundaries International Artist Colony 2013, Bald Head Island, NC